Article provided by: Dana Point Rehab Campus – Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Orange County
Addiction Rehabilitation Center Orange County
People who are suffering from substance abuse disorder need to seek help from a credible addiction rehabilitation center in Orange County or elsewhere immediately. Addiction does not only ruin the life of the addicted-individual but negatively impacts his or her family and those around him as well, which is why getting the right treatment is critical to help get his life back on track.
If you are currently struggling with alcohol or drug addiction and is planning to get into a rehab program, know that there are two general treatment programs that you need to choose from– inpatient or outpatient rehab programs. It is important to note that your choice should be based not only on what you feel like but on your recovery needs and level of addiction as well.
What is an Inpatient Treatment Program?
An inpatient addiction rehabilitation center in Orange County and elsewhere offers a treatment program wherein you must stay inside the facility during the period of your treatment (an average of thirty to sixty days). Inpatient or residential treatment programs provide the highest level of care which is why it is best suited for people with severe addiction, those with co-occurring mental health issues, or those who have gone through outpatient treatment but slipped into drug and alcohol use again.
The advantages of this program include:
- Round-the-clock monitoring and care by skilled and experienced addiction specialists.
- Clients can focus on treatment better because they are removed from their usual environment that may have caused or intensified the addiction.
- Offers a wide variety of treatment approaches including medication, behavioral therapies, and holistic methods, among others.
- Being around people with similar struggle provides a sense of “therapeutic community” wherein every recovering addict supports and encourages each other.
- Clients are more focused on their treatment since there’s no distraction.
What is an Outpatient Treatment Program?
As the name suggests, outpatient treatment facilities allow the recovering addict out – to go home after every treatment session and to come back when there’s an appointment. While the treatment approaches are essentially similar to inpatient care, outpatient differs significantly because the client has more freedom of movement.
Outpatient treatment program offers the following advantages:
- Clients can keep their job and other daily responsibilities like taking care of family and household.
- Clients have the freedom to choose the counseling schedule that will not interrupt their daily life such as during evenings or weekends.
- Provides a great deal of privacy since clients do not have to explain why they need to take a leave of absence for several weeks.
- Offers a great network of support, from family and friends to colleagues and other members of the community.
- Relatively more affordable.
To learn more about inpatient and outpatient treatment care, get in touch with our program representative at Dana Point Rehab Campus. Our alcohol and drug addiction facility offers not only inpatient or outpatient treatments but partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment programs as well. We, at Dana Point Rehab Campus, provide a variety of evidence-based treatment options and aftercare strategies to help you achieve long-term sobriety. Partner with us today.